Table of Contents
Addiction does not pick and choose its victims based on socioeconomic class. Indeed, even the uber rich can struggle with addiction. In fact, the lifestyles of well-to-do people often contribute to the high rates of substance abuse among this cohort. Thus, luxury rehab programs specifically designed for the rich have sprung up to serve these wealthy individuals.
About High-End Rehabs for the Rich & Affluent
Rehabs that address the needs and preferences of the rich are in a class all their own. These luxury rehabs boast the finest amenities and services right alongside their hefty price tags. For a 30-day stint at an exclusive rehab, it may set you back $40,000-$100,000.
High-level executives, celebrities, and other famous types may seek out these premier treatment centers that cater to wealthy addicts. This makes perfect sense, since they can afford to pay for the finest rehab experience available. But there is more to it than just the fancy trappings. Exclusive rehabs also prioritize privacy, discretion, and confidentiality.
What the Rich Can Expect at a Luxury Treatment Facility
Men and women of wealth feel comfortable in their luxury lifestyle and expect that same standard when they enter treatment. Most of these clients don’t have to worry about using their health insurance plans, as they can simply pay for the treatment in cash. Cash pay is often preferable, as their treatment history is not documented via insurance providers, which further protects their privacy.
Here are some of the features of a luxury rehab facility:
- Highly customized treatment plans for drug and alcohol recovery.
- High staff-to-client ratio.
- Medical supervision.
- Top-tier treatment methods.
- Private rooms or cottages with en suite baths.
- Gorgeous geographical setting.
- Commitment to protecting client privacy.
- Sprawling grounds with outdoor amenities like pool, spa, and barbeque.
- Farm-to-table organic meals and nutritional counseling.
- Holistic approach to treatment.
- Equine therapy.
- Massage therapy.
- Spa treatments.
- Tai Chi.
- Outdoor activities like hiking, rock climbing, and surfing.
Which Substance Use Disorders do Luxury Rehabs Treat?
Upscale treatment centers that are designed for wealthy clients will offer comprehensive treatment for a wide spectrum of substance disorders. Rich men and women struggle with the same types of addictions as anyone else. Here is a list of substances that are treated at a rehab for rich individuals:
- Prescription stimulants
Treatment Modalities for Drug or Alcohol Addiction
Luxury rehabs are upscale residential programs, which are live-in, structured treatment settings that provide 24-hour support. These programs utilize a full range of therapies and adjunctive methods to help clients overcome addictive thought patterns and behaviors.
Here are the steps you will complete on your journey to recovery from drugs or alcohol:
- Intake. Before starting the treatment program you will engage in the intake process. This is the step where your substance use disorder is assessed and diagnosed. It involves an interview, screening tools, health screening, mental health review, and psych evaluation. Once all the data is collected, the clinical team can then create a tailored treatment plan.
- Medical detox. Detox is the necessary process to clear the body of the substance prior to beginning therapy. This process allows your body and brain to adjust to the cessation of the substance and to stabilize. This allows you to be alert and to fully engage in the treatment process.
- Psychotherapy. Therapy is the main pillar of the addiction recovery program. In therapy you learn new ways to respond to stressors that in the past would have led to substance use. Behavioral therapy models are the best suited for addiction treatment and include:
- CBT. Thoughts (cognitive) influence behaviors, which is what CBT builds upon in showing clients how to shift their thoughts. The thesis is that if the thoughts shift from negative to affirming, then the behaviors that follow will change, too.
- DBT. DBT is focused on helping clients improve functioning in four key areas. These include emotion regulation, mindfulness, distress tolerance, and interpersonal effectiveness. It also aims to help clients shift from self-criticism to self-acceptance.
- MET. MET is used at the outset of the treatment program to identify any resistance a client might have about abstinence and living a sober life. If these feelings are present, the therapist helps encourage the person to set their recovery goals and then reach them.
- CM. Using a reward-style system, this classic behaviorist model helps encourage abstinence using incentives to continue getting clean drug tests. The rewards can be vouchers, gift cards, or special privileges that motivate them to stay the course.
- Group therapy. Treatment programs emphasize group work, as clients can learn from each other, bond, and offer needed support. Group therapy sessions offer a chance to gather together and discuss various topics the revolve around recovery.
- Dual diagnosis. During the intake process, a co-occurring mental health issue may have been identified. If so, the client will receive treatment for both the mental health and the substance use disorders.
- 12-step integration. The 12-step program of A.A. is a common theme in substance use treatment. Some non-12 step programs, such as SMART Recovery, are sometimes offered as an option.
- Psychoeducation. Learning new copings skills to help reinforce recovery and prevent relapse is essential. Classes teach emotion regulation, stress management, life skills, and organization skills.
- Holistic methods. Luxury rehabs excel in the area of holistic therapies and services. These activities elevate the rehab experience and enhance clinical results. Holistic methods may include yoga classes, mindfulness, massage therapy, acupuncture, art therapy, meditation, and tai chi.
- Aftercare. After the client completes rehab, they will be guided toward aftercare actions to adapt. These strategies include outpatient programs, support groups, sober living, and ongoing recovery meetings.
If you are seeking a rehab that offers the level of services you are accustomed to, consider a luxury rehab.
Rehabs Malibu Luxury Rehab for the Rich Near Los Angeles
Rehabs Malibu is a private luxury rehab center that provides the most current treatment methods to help clients overcome addiction. If you are a person of means who prefers the finer things in life, this is the program for you. Call us today to get all the details at
Addiction does not pick and choose its victims based on socioeconomic class. Indeed, even the uber rich can struggle with addiction. In fact, the lifestyles of well-to-do people often contribute to the high rates of substance abuse among this cohort. Thus, luxury rehab programs specifically designed for the rich have sprung up to serve these wealthy individuals. Call Admissions at (888) 429-7279