Table of Contents
If you can splurge on a swanky rehab for the wealthy, why not get sober in the lap of luxury?
Rehabs come in all shapes and sizes. Some rehabs provide only the bare bones basic services and others feature every bell and whistle you can imagine. Within that wide span of rehab options lie the vast majority that provides addiction recovery services in safe, comfortable settings. To learn more about rehabs for the wealthy, read on!
Addiction Does Not Discriminate
Addiction is a complex disease that can affect anyone, no matter what your socio-economic status happens to be. It is important to understand that substance use disorder and addiction is a disease of the brain. There is still much to learn about the causes of addiction, and why a substance can impact people differently. One thing is clear, though – addiction does not discriminate.
However, the type of treatment services you receive does depend to a large extent on a person’s financial resources. Money does buy luxury treatment amenities that you won’t find at a standard rehab center. So, yes the disease of addiction can inflict anyone regardless of his or her station in life. Addiction treatment options, however, are determined largely by the person’s financial means.
What Are Rehabs for the Wealthy?
The luxury rehab option sits at the top of the addiction treatment pyramid. These are the rehabs designed to serve the wealthy, including famous public figures. Because this clientele can afford the best, they seek out luxury treatment centers when they need help for substance abuse.
So, what exactly constitutes rehab for the wealthy? What makes these centers special? Consider these common features of a premier rehab:
- Upscale facility.
- Stunning locations.
- Expert treatment and medical staff.
- Spa-like services.
- Gourmet meals.
- Specialized programs.
What To Look for in a Luxury Rehab
Just like any discerning consumer, you will want to get the best rehab for the money. A luxury rehab for the wealthy should have the following features:
- Evidence-based treatments. The rehab program should be centered on therapies that are shown to be effective for treating addiction. Ask if the rehab uses both evidence-based therapies and holistic methods in their program.
- Clinical expertise. The luxury rehab should be staffed with licensed addiction specialists and counselors, mental health experts, and medical professionals.
- Personalized treatment. Luxury rehabs feature smaller scale programs. They have fewer beds, which allows for a higher level of personal care to be provided to each patient.
- Tailored treatment plans. The rehab should conduct a thorough intake and evaluation process. After this, it should then design a customized treatment plan for each patient.
- Aftercare planning. The rehab should assign a case manager to guide your recovery after discharge. Ask if they offer alumni activities and aftercare planning.
- Private and confidential. Luxury rehabs should protect patient privacy at all costs. Ask what measures the treatment center takes to ensure patient privacy.
- Licensed. Make sure the treatment center is fully licensed by the state. It should also hold CARF and/or Joint Commission accreditation. These agencies ensure that the rehab follows industry safety standards.
- Clean facility. The rehab should be clean, well maintained, and well managed.
- Positive rehab culture. The luxury rehab should emanate a sense of respect and dignity for all patients. The rehab setting should feel safe, comfortable, and positive as you tour it.
Therapists Who Understand Addiction
Not all luxury rehabs are created equal. The best of the best will feature a clinical staff of experts, many of whom have had a personal experience with addiction. This is a huge benefit, as these professionals have wrestled with the beast and understand addiction.
An upscale rehab should be willing and able to provide the credentials of its clinical and medical staff. This includes their education, training, licensing, and experience. This is key information when making your selection on the best rehab for your needs. A fancy rehab that lacks this level of expertise is simply a waste.
Treatment at Rehab for the Wealthy
Once you have entered the rehab setting, you will embark on a diverse array of treatment activities and therapies. Here’s what to expect:
- Medical detox. Based on the severity of the substance problem, it may be necessary to first undergo a medical detox and withdrawal process. The detox can take a few days to a couple of weeks, depending on the severity of the addiction and which substance is involved.
- Psychotherapy. Private therapy sessions help patients address underlying emotional issues that may be factors in the substance use. Therapists use evidence-based CBT and DBT to guide patients toward making needed changes.
- Group therapy. Group sessions are a featured core treatment element in recovery programs. These small group sessions offer peer support as patients share their stories and struggles, and learn from each other.
- 12-Step program. A.A.’s 12-step program provides benchmarks to guide you toward sustained sobriety.
- Education. Patients learn how a substance impacts the reward center of the brain, which leads to addiction. In this light, they learn how to avoid relapse and will create their own relapse prevention plan.
- Holistic therapies. Luxury rehabs feature holistic activities that are similar to wellness resorts and spas. These include yoga, swimming, mindfulness, equine therapy, art therapy, meditation, and massage.
What About Mental Health Treatment?
Nearly 38% of those with substance use disorders also have a co-occurring mental health disorder. The most common mental health challenges include depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder. It is impossible to sustain sobriety unless the mental health issue is treated right alongside the addiction.
For this reason, some luxury rehabs specialize in dual diagnosis treatment. There is a psychiatrist on staff and in some cases medication is prescribed to help manage the mental health challenge. If you are struggling with a co-occurring mental health disorder, be sure to seek out a dual diagnosis treatment program.
Rehabs Malibu Luxury Addiction Treatment
Rehabs Malibu is a doctor-owned provider of premier residential treatment for individuals battling substance use disorder. If you are looking for a luxury rehab for the wealthy, check out our world-class program. Call us today at (424) 425-3541.